Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 08-24-2007, 12:00 AM
code-frog
Intellectual
Default Re: Embarrassing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn
True weakness is not having the strength to humble yourself and do what's needed for your family. Remember that.
Too true. I'm afraid I'm about 5 years late to the party though... :|

Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Re: Embarrassing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by code-frog
Too true. I'm afraid I'm about 5 years late to the party though... :|
Better late than never!

Old 08-27-2007, 04:10 AM
code-frog
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Daniels
I'm not sure if it would be allowable here, but on another forum we once had an auction to help out a member. People donated items of interest (it was a collector's site) and they were auctioned with all proceedes going to the gentleman in need of help. I have some PPC items of interest that might fetch a fair price.
So how do we organize this to get it started? Who else might be interested in doing this? I've been horribly sick with a stomach virus since last Sunday and am just now coming around to even wanting to look at an LCD. UGH!!! I'd be interested in trying to get something like this going.

- Rex

Old 08-28-2007, 04:01 AM
Dale Daniels
Pupil

On the other forum we had several people donate items and once a week we would auction off one of them. Basically, we would just pm the person conducting the auction with our bid and they would announce the winner of the auction at the end of the week. If we were talking about full on mobile devices we could do one large auction a week. If it is smaller items such as accessories it could be a one or two day auction. The person who auctioned off the item sent the money directly to the person in need.

The second auction we ran we did a bit different. Everyone sent auction items to one person who ran the weekly auction. At the end he sent the funds to the beneficiary.

I am sure many of us tech-junkies have devices and accessories sitting around that we do not know what to do with. If you do have some items you would like to donate, sound off and let's see if we can assess what we might have going.

I have some iPaq items available like a bluetooth keyboard and iBiz radio receiver. I can dig around and see what else I have.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:18 AM
code-frog
Intellectual

I have some software development tools like:

1) Full License to Iron Speed Designer Enterprise Edition ($1995 Value)
1) Full License to JSCAPE Secure FTP Server ($2999 Value)
1) Full License to JSCAPE Secure iNet Factor - Java Library ($995 Value) It's totally awesome for Java Network Development.
1) Full License to JetBrains ReSharper 3.0 Professional ($299 Value)

I would auction those if people were interested but on a PocketPC site I'm not sure how many developers there are... I might be only one of a dozen or 100's I just don't know.

I don't have any PocketPC stuff of value though.