Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Thoughts Site Updates

Old 08-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default I'm Darius and I'm Crashing the Party!

Hello from Down Under! I'm Darius Wey, and I've joined Zune Thoughts as a Contributing Editor. Many of you may know of me across the other Thoughts Media web sites - in particular, Pocket PC Thoughts, home to the other Contributing Editor in me.

My obsession with mobile technology stemmed from an early age. It started off as a hobby involving simple digital organisers, but soon grew and gobbled up everything in sight - from Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs and Smartphones to digital audio players (DAPs). Of course, my love for the latter has recently fueled my interest in the Zune. The iPod, as wonderfully successful as it is, seems overly monopolistic, and I'm an audiophile wanting alternatives; current products simply fail to deliver enough oomph. Microsoft has the potential to go above and beyond what Apple currently offers in the digital media space. With some of the same folk behind the Xbox 360 working on the Zune, there is plenty to look forward to, and I can't wait to see what Microsoft has in store for us in the months and years ahead.

Outside of Thoughts Media, I'm a software/web designer and developer, a Microsoft MVP in the "Windows - Mobile Devices" category, and an executive of the Perth Mobility User Group in Australia. Time-permitting, I also dabble with graphic design, digital photography, computer and console gaming (Xbox 360), multimedia production, and sports.

I look forward to working with the staff here at Zune Thoughts, and you (the community), in turning this site into a fantastic place for all of us to sit, talk, drink tea, and discuss all things Zune.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Janak Parekh
Editor Emeritus

Congratulations, Darius, and welcome to the Thoughts Media staf...er, no, wait.

Congratulations, Darius, on your first Thoughts Media frontpage pos...er, no, wait.

Oh, hell, congratulations anyway.

--janak

Old 08-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus

Hey Darius, 'welcome' to the party!