Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 08-27-2004, 03:31 PM
gorgoroth
Pupil

My god! And this city is so much close to any american or european city. Nothing exotic there, except if you go 500 miles up north or south...
It remind me the beginning of 24 (first season). The first scene is supposed to happen in kuala lumpur, but the scene is more like a 1950 vietnam with smoke and whore crossing the streets than the actual city.

Old 08-27-2004, 03:40 PM
bjornkeizers
Sage

Americans usually can't find a certain part of their anatomy without a map and a flashlight; so that's hardly surprising.

I was once talking to a friend of mine, who works as an engineer building bridges and such in the US - so he's by no means stupid - and he thought we had lots of mountains and were landlocked :roll: He also thought Switzerland had nice sunny beaches :roll:

Three cheers for that fabulous american education system. 8O

I for one *can* find Kuala Lumpur on a map - I have lots of friends all over the globe, including some in Kuala Lumpur.

Old 08-27-2004, 04:25 PM
JA
Pupil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers
Americans usually can't find a certain part of their anatomy without a map and a flashlight; so that's hardly surprising.

I was once talking to a friend of mine, who works as an engineer building bridges and such in the US - so he's by no means stupid - and he thought we had lots of mountains and were landlocked :roll: He also thought Switzerland had nice sunny beaches :roll:

Three cheers for that fabulous american education system. 8O

I for one *can* find Kuala Lumpur on a map - I have lots of friends all over the globe, including some in Kuala Lumpur.
Hey thanks for that great generalization buddy! :roll: I find it hard to believe you have any friends! JA

Old 08-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

People...keep the posts friendly. We don't want another inevitable HOFS move do we?

Old 08-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Steven Cedrone

Drop the insults folks! Listen to the green, bouncing, dancing, alien thing! :wink:

Steve

Old 08-27-2004, 04:40 PM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjornkeizers
Three cheers for that fabulous american education system.
Come on, how are we supposed to keep up. You get off the plane in the Netherlands, and see a sign that says Welcome to Holland, but everyone speaks Dutch. :wink:

No apologies here, but it is sometimes embarrassing how little of the world many Americans, and by that I mean USans, understand. Part of the issue may be that we are really not exposed to the diversity you are in Europe. You can drive a couple of hours and see a couple of countries in some cases. I can't even get out of my state, and it's not a big one.

Old 08-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
Drop the insults folks! Listen to the green, bouncing, dancing, alien thing! :wink:

Steve
Disclaimer: I still have no idea what that thing is, and is in no way a visual representation of my true self. :P

Old 08-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven
Come on, how are we supposed to keep up. You get off the plane in the Netherlands, and see a sign that says Welcome to Holland, but everyone speaks Dutch. :wink:

No apologies here, but it is sometimes embarrassing how little of the world many Americans, and by that I mean USans, understand. Part of the issue may be that we are really not exposed to the diversity you are in Europe. You can drive a couple of hours and see a couple of countries in some cases. I can't even get out of my state, and it's not a big one.
I believe everyone here should look on the broad scale of things. Here we are...a PPC community. If my memory serves me correctly, we had one of those "which country are you from" topics, and it showed that our PPC community is indeed a diverse one. We have people from all across the world, speaking a wide range of languages.

People in the US may not know everything about Europe, and people in Europe may not know everything about the US. This is where we appreciate each other and use such curiousity to help us appreciate one another and learn more about the diverse nature of the people in our community.

This program (going back on topic for a change) is a nice example for people to explore countries they didn't know a thing about, and appreciate what is out there in the world. Instead of bagging a program for its function, there are many people out there who consider it useful.

So instead of bagging one another because we're from different countries, why can't we, for a change, appreciate each other and accept that we do have our differences and we should be interested, rather than disinterested. This is how wars start after all right? :wink:

Old 08-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Steven Cedrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Apod
I believe everyone here... <snip, snip, snippity-snip>
:cry: :grouphug:

Great speech! If we ever meet, I'll buy you a :beer:

:wink:

Steve

Old 08-27-2004, 04:57 PM
Darius Wey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Cedrone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Apod
I believe everyone here... <snip, snip, snippity-snip>
:cry: :grouphug:

Great speech! If we ever meet, I'll buy you a :beer:

:wink:

Steve
Oooh... :beer: / I'll hold you up to that. Haha.