Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone News

Old 11-03-2003, 12:45 AM
Talon
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA Gerbil
Point 2 is really the same as point 1 - more battery usage and shorter battery life. The fact that the screen may not be as bright is really neither here nor there. I run my PPC at medium screen brightness anyway - I don't need to have it any higher � and would actually like a lower brightness setting for note taking during dark presentations.
Assuming the bulk of your use is indoors that is true. Although the backlight does eat a huge amount of power you can always turn it up to compensate. If on the otherhand you want to use the device outside in bright sunlight then the backlight is fairly meaningless. That is where I would expect the screen to just not be as clear. Obviously this does depend a lot on what you are going to use the thing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDA Gerbil
There are certain programs that really should not be run from a flash card. You really benefit from having the extra headroom that 128Mb of RAM brings.
Who said anything about a flash card. On board storage flash is a far better option. I doubt we'll see 128M become common for a long time, it's only going to be on units that are trying to out spec the competition at the cost of performance.

As you said, everyone looks for different things, we'll just have to see which way the market jumps. To smaller more phone like things or larger higher res. devices.