¹ Leander Kahney: An iTunes Subscription Service Won't Happen - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tucker View Post
If you don't want to listen to new music then subscription is worthless to you.
I don't necessarily agree with that. I dislike a grate majority of today's music, but the real selling point for me with a subscription is that I can download thousands of songs without paying out the ear. I can listen to a song in full (something that eMusic and other purchase sites don't allow, for good reason), and then decide to purchase it if I really like it. A subcription costs me what, $10-$15 a month? I'm downloading many orders of magnitude than that a week. An a la carte service simly isn't economically feasible for me.

Quote:
people simply don't understand the concept of subscription.
I think that's the real problem. People hear "unlimited music" and become extatic. They hear "but it dies after you cancel", and become significantly less so. Sure, that's a problem, and I wish there was some way to future-proof subscription DRM (besides getting rid of the DRM wrapper itself), but it is still an amazing deal. If I purchase DRM'd tracks from an a la carte service, I'm similarly locked in. But that's an argument for another day.