¹ Zune.net Going International Soon? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Articles & Resources

Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune.net Going International Soon?

A keen-eyed Zune Thoughts reader noticed something when he visited Zune.net, the official Microsoft Zune site: rather than resolving to www.zune.net like it used to do, it now resolves to www.zune.net/en-US/. The en-US is Microsoft's method of language coding indicating that it's the English USA site - and that can only mean one thing: they're inching closer to international releases of the product in localized languages. How soon are we talking here? It's hard to say, but having work with Microsoft over the years I will say that they're known more for last-minute execution rather than being months ahead of schedule - so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a summer release of the Zune in one or more markets.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:49 AM
Covert
Ponderer

Hmm, I'm relatively sure it's been doing that for quite some time...In fact, when I copied the zune.net URL from my browser to paste it into an article on my site back on November 6th, 2006, it showed as "http://www.zune.net/en-US/" (and is still embedded in the article that way).

But I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft did go international pretty soon.

Old 04-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Covert View Post
Hmm, I'm relatively sure it's been doing that for quite some time...
I think you're spot on there. I distinctly remember zune.net resolving to zune.net/en-US since the Zune's release date.