¹ Birthday Zune Review - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Hardware

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Damion Chaplin
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Default Birthday Zune Review

http://gamingandtech.com/?p=58

"My first thoughts were about the enormous screen. I’ve had an iPod for a year now, and this screen is much larger. As well, the Zune is a little larger overall and thicker, but oddly, it’s a tad lighter. The surface has a flat, matte look to it. The only shiny parts on the device are the controls and the screen. The device is comfortable in my hand. And, speaking of comfort, the ear buds are much more comfortable than the ear buds packaged with the iPod. That said, I have to point out that I have small ears (female) so maybe that is not the case for men. The software install was easy and, despite hearing that the software was buggy and despite it being a Microsoft product (grin), I’ve not seen a hiccup (or a bluescreen) yet. The install process was rather long, but painless. The fact that I was playing Halo 2 at the time, probably made it much less painful than it would have been had I been paying a great deal of attention."

OK, where exactly does one find women who play Halo? I thought they were an urban legend. ;-) Seriously though, it's always nice to see a fresh impression of the Zune, though my wife would have probably had a different experience (no Halo playing for her). Interested? Give it a read. Sure wish I had two Xbox 360s and two MCE machines...