¹ Zune Rumor : Wifi Music Store, 3G Zune, & More? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 03-14-2008, 02:45 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zune Rumor : Wifi Music Store, 3G Zune, & More?

http://gizmodo.com/367597/zune-3-de...+fi-music-store

“Microsoft France's Francois Ruault seems to be a bit more talkative on the Zune platform than he should be, inadvertently announcing that the third-generation Zune is going to launch during the holiday season of 2009 (which means there's actually no release this year—weird). Plus, there's going to be a Wi-Fi music store! What's interesting to EU readers is that Francois said the third-gen Zune will debut in Europe at the same time. What's even more interesting to people who don't care about Europe are the mobile capabilities, a.k.a., the music store.”

I spotted this over on Gizmodo but I honestly would take this with a grain of salt. Or perhaps a whole saltshaker. If it’s true then there’s good and bad here. I think a wireless music store would be great. I’ve had a lot of people ask me about that feature. But that release date is almost 2 years away. Apple is way ahead on that feature already. Given that the Zune suppose music subscription the utility of that feature would be phenomenal. Of course it’s hard to tell since the article is a translation if the date referred to the 3G Zunes or the music store. Is any of it true? Well, I’d say that there is probably some grains of truth in there but its impossible to verify them!

Old 03-14-2008, 05:41 PM
LegendDJ
Pupil

A third generation already?????? Ridiculous,

Old 03-14-2008, 07:29 PM
USArcher
Ponderer

I'm happy that they are finally acknowledging Windows Mobile. Though this wasn't unexpected as I think most thought Microsoft would expand Zune onto the existing Windows Mobile platform. Its was more of a question of when. The Windows Mobile Team Blog had a post a month ago requesting feedback on what scenarios people would like to see between Windows Mobile and Zune.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:10 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

the Zune OS is Windows CE right?

Old 03-18-2008, 06:15 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Kacey, no it actually runs its own OS behind the scenes.

(I see you're in Gainesville...Go Gators! )