¹ Engadget Wants to Know How the Zune Can Be Better - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Roan
Neophyte

I want the features J Allard proposed with the Zune way back when, even though I know they are still a long ways off.

For instance, they proposed the Zune would be able to read your most played artists and send you information over WiFi about the band, such as tour dates in your area and even recommendations for bands similar to your tastes.

I also really want to see the videos in ZMP expand. I really would love to watch some full length movies or TV shows on my Zune 80's beautiful screen without having to go through the annoying (and illegal) other route.

Also, videos need to be enabled for Zune Pass downloads. Currently you cannot download even the music videos on a Zune Pass, which is ridiculous. While we're on the subject, Microsoft needs to be more aggressive with record companies and get more DRM-free tracks up on ZMP and work on getting more tracks available for Zune Pass downloads. I think this will likely already be in the works as Microsoft expands its user base with the release of the new devices.

I also REALLY WANT MY EQUALIZER BACK. The Zune 80 already has good battery life (Better than what I'm used to on my Zune 30 anyway. 13 hours? Pfft) at 21 hours with WiFi off, I don't think the EQ would really decrease battery life all that much. I don't understand why they chose to leave it in Zune 30's and remove it for every other model. Sorry Microsoft, as great as the premium headphones you've included are, they don't make up for the loss of an EQ. :\

As others have already mentioned, the Zune in general really needs to get a leg up on "basic" features. I want a clock. I know the device already has one built in as its used to keep track of your ZMP downloads on a Zune Pass, so why not make it visible? I also really want to be able to save quick lists as playlists on my device.

Finally, Microsoft needs to make the Zune Software Mac Compatible if they have any hope at all of stealing market share from Apple.

Sorry for the wall of text. lol

Last edited by Roan; 12-22-2007 at 08:46 PM..