¹ Why Can't the Zune Software Remember My Sign-In? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Old 12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Why Can't the Zune Software Remember My Sign-In?

I see this screen a lot. As in, every single time I load up the Zune software and need to log in:

No matter how many times I check off "Remember Me", "Remember My Password", and "Sign Me In Automatically", it never does. I'm curious for those of you using Windows Vista: under the control panel, and under User Accounts, if you go into your account and select "Manage Your Network Passwords", do you see your Zune account listed? I think you should, because it's based on Passport technology, but I don't see mine there - even after entering it into the Zune software. Ugly. I'm hoping for a fix at some point in future Zune desktop software releases...

Old 12-19-2007, 12:11 AM
bleeman
Intellectual

I just checked my system, Vista Business, and there is no entry for the Zune in my Network Passwords list.

BTW, when I attempted to use the "View Article" link at the bottom of the RSS Feed for this article (I read them via Outlook 2007) it gave me a page not found error.

Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 AM
Kacey Green
Pontificator

It works for me on Vista Ultimate, I have a Zune Tag but Zune pass isn't active yet (zune hasn't been delivered yet).

Old 12-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Odd; I haven't noticed this at all. I see it all the time with Social though, but I assume that has more to do with Live than with the Zune software. Maybe it's because of your out-of-town status?

I'm running it fine on several computers, ranging from XP RTM, XP SP2 to Vista Home Premium and Business. Are you sure Zune uses the Passport programming architecture? I'll have to look further into this.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Krebs View Post
Are you sure Zune uses the Passport programming architecture?
No, I'm not sure, it's just a hunch - evidently the wrong one if others don't have an entry there.