Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Buy & Sell

Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default 80 Now Available At 'Originals

http://www.ZuneOriginals.net

"As part of the expanded Zune 80 availability plan we’ve set in place, we're featuring Zune 80 in the Zune Originals site starting today. I'm told the first order was placed at 3:38 AM PST."

It seems Microsoft has finally come out of the Zune80 shortage woods, and is now allowing full customization through Zune Originals, featuring the full lineup of artwork and tattoos the 4s and 8s currently have, except slightly larger and wider to accommodate the 80's size ratio.

Even though I already bought my 80, I don't regret not waiting. If you haven't picked one up yet, get to it!

(P.S. Yes, I realize I abbreviated "Zune" as an apostrophe... I've been reading Cesar's blog too long.)

Old 11-30-2007, 05:46 AM
Sven Johannsen
Editorial Contributor

Are Zune 80 Originals made by Ford? You can have any color as long as it is black?

Old 11-30-2007, 07:00 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

I may have ordered one

Old 12-01-2007, 11:17 PM
twostepcub
Neophyte
Default I want the 80, but have scared reservations...

Hey, I've been so torn about getting the new 80G to replace my zen xtra. My biggest concern is I have hundreds (literally) of self-made various artists cds in my computer that I want to sync. I fell in love with WMP 11's ability not only to add album art, but to separate tracks on a CD and create separate tags for them (i.e. say I burned a 20 song CD from ITunes, then ripped onto WMP 11, I can make each song it's own "album" with art, tag, etc.) first off will Zune Player recognize this? and even if not will it erase what i have in WMP11?
I'm too terrified to even get the zune now until i get this answered. I mean, I'm a music collector and have about 200G minimum of music. Help! Please! anybody!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twostepcub View Post
will Zune Player recognize this? and even if not will it erase what i have in WMP11?
There's been a lot said about the new Zune software's inability to read metadata tags. I never had a problem with it, and this appears mostly to be fixed (through updates and workarounds.) Even so, as far as I can tell, the Zune software doesn't actually modify your metadata tags unless you tell it to. That is to say, if your library works perfectly in WMP11, it should work fine in Zune. And even if it doesn't, it won't alter the files' embedded metadata unless you edit that metadata through the Zune software.

So you should be able to continue your process of burning-and-ripping. Legal risks/problems aside, you might want to look to a better solution, as you lose quality and fidelity through this process. I recommend using JHymn or PlayFair to remove iTunes DRM, or doing the right thing and upgrading your tracks to iTunes Plus (or re-downloading from Zune Marketplace). Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
Are Zune 80 Originals made by Ford? You can have any color as long as it is black?
No, they have nothing to do with Ford. I think you're thinking of the Breast Cancer Zune which was sponsored through a partnership with Ford.

And yes, only black is available as of this time. Originals is more about the engraved content on the back of the unit.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:27 AM
onlydarksets
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Krebs View Post
No, they have nothing to do with Ford. I think you're thinking of the Breast Cancer Zune which was sponsored through a partnership with Ford.

And yes, only black is available as of this time. Originals is more about the engraved content on the back of the unit.
LOL - Sven was making a reference to Henry Ford's famous quote about the Model-T (?).
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Henry_Ford