¹ Zune Pass: A Sheep In Wolves' Clothing - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Media

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2007, 10:14 PM
jdmountford
Ponderer
Send a message via MSN to jdmountford

I can speak to this scenario fron an educated user stand point as, not only do I have a Zune, but so does my 12 year old daughter. We both are music people. We love our Zunes. I was so psyched when I got my Zune for father's day that a month later I went out and got my daughter one. I signed up for the Pass the same day that I got my Zune. Now the great thing is that we have the Zune Desktop Software loaded on Multiple Computers. I have one Pass, but my daugher can have her own music on the computer that she uses and then load that to her Zune. I have my music on my laptop and my Zune. We rarely share over the air but ocassionaly I will hook my Zune to the home computer (the one she uses) or she will plug her Zune into my laptop to charge. The computers recognize the Zune's are different and will not just start dumping our libraries on each other's Zunes. It is the perfect thing.

I had to call Zune tech support the other day. (nothing bad, I needed help canceling my subscription so that I could use some promotional cupons. One I am out I will go back to paying.) the guy was great. I told him that I wish I could use more Zunes on a single pass and he told me that when the new Zunes release I can have three now instead of two!! I am thrilled! Gues what my wife is getting for Christmas?! A ZUNE! We will replace her crappy Apple Nano with a Pink Zune. We will be able to all use one Pass and have a common interface! Right now I have to take music that the wife likes and convert it either to a CD or to iPod compatiple formats for her to listen to. It is a huge PITA! I can't wait for her to be able to sit down and use the Zune Software that we will all be familiar with to get whatever music she wants on her own device!

So does Microsoft have a marketing plan with the Zune Pass and Market PLace and Suscription based service? Hell yeah they do, but I for one am happy as is my daughter! I would never go to a different device. And I am very much looking forward to the updates later this month.