¹ Apple Matters: Zune is Serious - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2007, 03:32 PM
mszunefan
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
User friendly... HA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
Can we use our Zunes as an external HD like hundreds of thousands do with the iPod? Can we playback UNCOMPRESSED audio files like many people do with the iPod? Do we or will we ever have easy interfaces to other products (car audio, a plethora of portable speakers, car audio integration, etc) like you see with the iPod?

Does anyone at Zune care about sound quality, because the iPod is kicking the Zune rear quarters big time when it comes to the ability of playing higher resolution files.

So, does the new Zune play uncompressed audio and stream out digital audio via USB (like the iPod) as no one has been able to answer that simple question.

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Yes you can use your Zune like a HD with a simple hack. But a Zune (and an iPod) are music/video players so why would you want to use either as a harddrive?

Yes with the new firmware update and teh new Zune 4, 8 and 80 you will be able to play WMA Lossless and a video file that is 748 by 468 resolution higher than the iPod's 640 by 480

Yes there are several docks out for the Zune and even first party accessories for the car and home

Actually most reviewers state that the 1st gen Zunes have better audio quality than the iPods and the new Zune 80s will come with silicon premium earbuds. Whats that the new iPods come with the cheap white earbuds they have been coming with for years?

No the Zunes do not allow you to plug into any computer and stream the music on your Zune to that computer to play. I hate this missing feature but in all fairness you can't do this with an iPod unless you have iTunes or the iPod drivers installed.

Now let me ask you some questions...
Who has the bigger screen?
Who outputs video in a higher quality?
Who is built tougher?
Who has not only DRM-free music but also a $14.99 unlimited download subscription?
Who has Wifi transering to other devices in its family?
Who has Wifi transfering from the PC?
Who has intergrated abilites with Windows Media Center w/TV tuner?

Wow my list is longer, enjoy answering those

Last edited by Adam Krebs; 10-25-2007 at 05:13 AM.. Reason: The colors were hurting my eyes. It's fairly clear what it's in reply to without the color.