Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Buy & Sell

Old 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default Limited Edition Pink Gives 100% To Breast Cancer Research

http://www.engadget.com/2007/10/18/ford-sells-pink-30gb-first-gen-zune-donates-100-to-breast-canc/

October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. The Zune is now following a long history of specially colored devices benefiting awareness or research of serious diseases. It breaks free from the mold in that Microsoft and Ford (apparently partners from their Sync initiative) are donating the entire price Susan G. Komen for the Cure to fund research and awareness. This is a huge stretch from the typical 5-15% gadget makers typically allot for causes, and is a welcome move. As one commenter at Engadget noted, "with 100% going to the cause its like getting a device for free with your donation."

The Zunes are on sale now for $250 (no reason given why it's at the original MSRP).

Old 10-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Krebs View Post
The Zunes are on sale now for $250 (no reason given why it's at the original MSRP).
Thats not so bad seeing as how 100% of the revenue is going to a fantastic cause. I'm a huge support of breast cancer research (and all the other cancers too, of course). Makes me want to go out and get another Zune!