¹ Zunerama UI Changes - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 10-11-2007, 03:40 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zunerama UI Changes

http://www.zunerama.com/articles_022.php#071011_zune_story

Zunerama has a great list of things that their users have spotted in the new UI that are different from the current Zune UI. Personally I'm really psyched about the new UI because the current one is one of the best UIs created for a portable device ever in my not so humble opinion. All I've seen from the new UI is what appear to be refinements.

My favorite note off of Zunerama's list of changes they've spotted is that the volume indicator goes to 40 instead of 20. While it’s possible the max volume is higher than the current Zune, I doubt it would be significantly higher. More likely this means that there is increased sensitivity in the volume adjustment. Currently I play mine anywhere from 1 - 4 on the volume meter depending on background noise.

I also like that podcasts are given an entirely separate menu system from the music. Currently if I'm playing my entire collection of tracks, I may suddenly find myself listening to a podcast. That's not really desirable. Separating the podcasts into their own section is a nice touch.

I'm sure there will be many things we won't know until we actually use them. I can't wait!

Old 10-11-2007, 04:01 PM
MarxMarvelous
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tucker View Post
Currently I play mine anywhere from 1 - 4 on the volume meter depending on background noise.
Wow... 1-4? What type of headphones do you use? I use Etymotic ER4-P's around 10 or so (usually on the bus so a fair amount of background noise).

Old 10-11-2007, 04:07 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

I use Sennheiser PMX-200s. But my primary place to use my Zune is the office. Its pretty quiet in here and I have pretty good hearing. But on a bus or plane I probably set it around 6 - 10.

Old 10-11-2007, 05:59 PM
MarxMarvelous
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tucker View Post
I use Sennheiser PMX-200s. But my primary place to use my Zune is the office. Its pretty quiet in here and I have pretty good hearing. But on a bus or plane I probably set it around 6 - 10.
Ok, cool. Just wanted to make sure my hearing wasn't *that* bad...

Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 AM
sracer
Intellectual

I hope that the font size is configurable. The Fisher-Price "My first PMP"-like font is just goofy looking. I'm also hoping that MS didn't monkey too much with the UI... the current interface is very effective already.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Ricardo Dawkins
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I hope that the font size is configurable. The Fisher-Price "My first PMP"-like font is just goofy looking. I'm also hoping that MS didn't monkey too much with the UI... the current interface is very effective already.
The new Zunes will be "My first PMP" for a lot of people, ask Apple for confirmation.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer View Post
I hope that the font size is configurable. The Fisher-Price "My first PMP"-like font is just goofy looking.
I doubt it's configurable by the user. Are you referring to the size of the font on the navigation screen? I'd have to agree...it's huge. I think making it a little bit bigger would have been good, but right now they've made it so big it seems like custom wallpaper won't be all that visible.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
sracer
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Are you referring to the size of the font on the navigation screen?
Yes, I'm referring to the font on the navigation screen. I like the font (size and style) just the way it is now... it is visible, functional, and lets the background wallpaper really shine through.

***long quote trimmed by mod JD***