¹ Zune Broadens Marketing To Include Latino Americans - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2007, 02:00 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default Zune Broadens Marketing To Include Latino Americans

http://www.zune-online.com/news/zune/video-farfan-welcomes-latinos-to-zune-2.html

From Zune-Online"Javier Farfan is the Zune team's Multicultural Marketing Manager and introduces Latinos to the Zune 2 Social. Microsoft has participated in many events and sponsored many Spanish-speaking Artists in this passing year. So they ought to say a "hello" in Spanish."

Did you know the Zune had a Multicultural Marketing Manager? I didn't, though I can't say I'm entirely surprised (the US' growing Latino population is a huge target for marketers). An interesting article in the New York Times magazine section a little while ago detailed the new ways marketers are going about luring the coveted Latino demographic to their brands, through fútbol, Hispanophone celebrities, and telenovelas. Personally, I'm looking forward to watching the Zune star in a Telemundo soap opera (hey, it's happened before.) As Kostas from Zune-Online points out, the Zune has already sponsored several Hispanic artists (Zune's presence at and promotion of the Latin American Music Conference back in July comes immediately to mind.)

This raises several points: Zunes are not available outside of the United States, but already we're seeing accessory packages sporting descriptions in English as well as French (why not Spanish?). Many people are wondering if this increased cross-cultural awareness will translate to an international release. I assume it's coming eventually, but not this holiday season.

Hit the read link to see Javier in action.