¹ Zune Marketplace and Zune Software Fact Sheets - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Old 10-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune Marketplace and Zune Software Fact Sheets

[click here for high-resolution image]

[click here for high-resolution image]

Microsoft Zune Software and Zune Marketplace Fact Sheet (October 2007)

This November, the Zune® software and Zune Marketplace will get a dramatically different new look and feel. A new, highly intuitive layout makes it fun to browse and discover. You can import your existing content or choose to download music, including a selection of DRM-free MP3s (without digital rights management), music videos, and audio and video podcasts from Zune Marketplace. Sync to your Zune device and go. Zune Marketplace is available by downloading the free Zune software available on http://www.zune.net.

Zune Software — Quick and Easy
  • Manage your collection. In the Zune software’s streamlined new design, your music, pictures, videos and podcasts take center stage. Ripping and burning CDs, creating playlists, and syncing new content to your device have never been easier.
  • Import your music. Zune software will automatically import your existing music, pictures and videos, including music you have ripped into iTunes and Microsoft® Windows Media® Player, even transferring your existing playlists and song ratings in one easy step. Some content may be protected by the service you purchased it from, so those files cannot be imported.
  • Video to go. Zune will automatically import unprotected .WMV, .MPG4 and H.264 files you have created yourself or downloaded from the Internet. If you’re using Windows Vista® Home Premium or Ultimate, you can also import TV shows or movies recorded using Windows® Media Center on your PC to sync to your device. Load up your favorite videos and hit the road.
  • Your games. Your music. Your way. Plug your Zune into your Xbox 360® console to customize the soundtrack in your favorite games. You can also stream the music, pictures and videos from the Zune software on your PC to your Xbox 360 console using a wireless connection.
Zune Marketplace — Discover Something New
  • Music to your ears. Browse and preview more than 3 million tracks. Zune has expanded its music genres selections from nine to 17, including additional relevant subgenres, so you can search by category or find a specific artist directly. Once you find something you’re interested in, listen to 30-second sample clips of individual songs or back-to-back clips from entire albums.
  • Your music. Your choice. Choose from a selection of more than 1 million DRM-free MP3s. Download to play on your Zune device or any other MP3 player.
  • Music videos and podcasts. In addition to a wide selection of music, Zune Marketplace offers thousands of music videos and more than 1,000 featured audio and video podcasts. You can also add your own podcasts by simply typing in the URL.
  • Custom playlists. Zune Marketplace offers more than 1,200 hand-picked playlists from Marketplace editors and special guests, with new playlists available for download weekly. You can also express yourself by submitting your own playlist.
  • Pay per song? Or download whatever you want for a flat rate? Downloading songs and music videos a la carte from Zune Marketplace is simple using Microsoft Points, which work across Zune and Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. Or choose Zune Pass, which gives you access to unlimited downloads for a flat rate of $14.99 (U.S.) per month. Fill your device with new music whenever you want and keep those songs as long as you keep your Zune Pass up to date.
#########

The information contained in this fact sheet relates to a pre-release software product that may be substantially modified before its first commercial release. Accordingly, the information may not accurately describe or reflect the software product when first commercially released. The fact sheet is provided for informational purposes only, and Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the fact sheet or the information contained in it.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

Quote:
Import your music. Zune software will automatically import your existing music, pictures and videos, including music you have ripped into iTunes and Microsoft® Windows Media® Player, even transferring your existing playlists and song ratings in one easy step.
I hope by import it doesn't mean that the Zune software will be mucking around with my library.

Does the Zune support USB On the Go? I'm wondering if I can just copy mpeg recordings from my SageTV setup to the player.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Dyson View Post
I hope by import it doesn't mean that the Zune software will be mucking around with my library.
I imagine it won't be any different than how the Zune v1 software worked. All music software imports/scans music in some fashion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Dyson View Post
Does the Zune support USB On the Go? I'm wondering if I can just copy mpeg recordings from my SageTV setup to the player.
Highly doubtful - I haven't heard anything about that.