¹ Zune's Foot Is In the Door. What's Next? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 08-15-2007, 01:00 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zune's Foot Is In the Door. What's Next?

http://zunecorps.com/?p=582

"So if all these musings are right, 2.0 will be quite a treat for all of us. However, the folks at Apple are no dummies; they must know what the folks at Redmond are up to. We can see Apple playing the waiting game as we speak, the current 5th generation video iPod has been out since Oct. 12 2005 with minimal updates….we’re coming up on the 2 year anniversary this Oct., and yet we still haven’t seen what Steve has up his sleeves. With both the iPod and Zune looking to update their offerings this year, we’ll finally see the big guns come out – as this is an important time for both products."

Charlie of Zune Corps has written an incredibly insightful article on the direction of the Zune and its competition with the iPod. Charlie disagrees with my sentiments that the most important thing for the Zune right now isn’t Zune 2.0 but a flash Zune. He makes his points so beautifully that I almost agree with him on the absolute importance of Zune 2.0. He does remind me why I fell in love with the Zune in the first place. Microsoft promised a portable media revolution with the Zune. Zune 1.0 definitely has NOT been a revolution. It has been fun though.

So I don’t know what to think. A flash based Zune is what I think is the most important piece to getting the Zune into the hands of millions of people. It doesn’t have to be Zune 2.0 for it to be a home run for Microsoft. But after reading Charlie’s article I do think there is one thing a flash Zune has to be. Zune 1.5. Common Microsoft, you can give it to us.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Sage
Ponderer

Hey, Microsoft, there's 194 countries in the world. The Zune has been around for 9+ months and it's still only available in one country.

There can be no revolution until the Zune is as widely available as the iPod.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:27 AM
tbird
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
Hey, Microsoft, there's 194 countries in the world. The Zune has been around for 9+ months and it's still only available in one country.

There can be no revolution until the Zune is as widely available as the iPod.
Do have to agree with that!
Also even though Charlie made some real good points in his article, IMO a Flash Zune is the way to go. It would get more people interested in the Zune and then say later on the Zune 2.
I may be wrong but arent most the ipod based sales because of the flash players?
I probably would not buy a flash player for my self, however I could see my wife owning one. Which I guess means I will be buying one.