¹ What's New in Zune 4.2? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Old 01-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default What's New in Zune 4.2?

http://www.insidethecircle.net/2010...ation-post.html

"Zune Nation is excited about the Zune 4.2 Software update. What was labeled as a maintenance update has turned out to provide more than expected as many websites are reporting on new features and future possibilities that arise from this update. While it is not my goal to cite every article on the subject, I did try to get the originator. Overall, I wanted to give you a rundown of what has changed in this update as seen through the websites of Zune Nation."

My man Neville at Inside the Circle has rounded up and broken down some of the major changes we got as a result of the recently-launched 4.2 update. New in this version are support for Windows 7 podcasts Libraries, in-software playback of AVI video, black-tinted playlist tiles (saywha?), and some tantilizing hints of an upcoming phone device. Some users are reporting the ability to use the Zune interface in several other languages, including German. Unfortuantely, it looks like some of the international hacks have taken a step back to requiring the user to switch their Windows locale to US/English to access the Marketplace and Social. Hopefully this will be remedied soon with a launch in a a few international countries (as My Microsoft Life seems to think.)

Old 01-28-2010, 03:23 PM
SoundMix
Ponderer
Default AVI files

Thanks for the info.

One of the sites listed suggested that AVI files now show up and convert. They do not show up or convert for me.

The AVI's show up and play fine in WMC and WMP, always have.

Windows 7, 64bit.

Last edited by SoundMix; 01-28-2010 at 03:48 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

Anybody else experiencing the menu on the right jumping up when PLAYLISTS is selected? Every other option (ARTISTS, GENRES, etc) are aligned at the same height except PLAYLISTS. Really annoying...

Old 02-04-2010, 04:34 PM
jdmichal
Intellectual

I have noticed two differences so far:
  1. When downloads are active, the "download" option shows up to the right in all views, not just the Marketplace.
  2. When you download things, they get dropped to the folder the "Zune" folder is in, not into the Zune folder as they previously did.