¹ Facebook App for the Zune HD Delayed - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Software

Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Facebook App for the Zune HD Delayed

http://zuneinsider.com/archive/2010...-hd-update.aspx

"We know many of you are anxiously waiting for the Facebook for Zune HD app, and have been very patient. Thank you. However, we need to ask a small favor... just hold on a little longer. I know we said by the end of January, but we want to deliver the best app to you and it is going to take a little bit more time. Again thanks for understanding."

There's something kind of problematic about the Zune app story when it takes Microsoft months and months to release Twitter and Facebook apps for the Zune HD. They need to open up the Zune Marketplace to outside developers - Microsoft is neither fast nor agile when it comes to software development, and speed is what the Zune HD needs to start picking up if it's going to thrive. I really hope the Zune Facebook app is better on the Zune HD than it is on Windows Mobile - that's one sad app. I actually prefer using the Facebook mobile site designed for the iPod Touch rather than the Windows Mobile app because it's so much faster and functional. And when a Web interface is faster and more functional than a local app, you've really gone wrong with your app development...

Old 01-27-2010, 03:26 PM
hgoldner
Neophyte
Default Impossible to understand this glacial pace of app releases

Maybe it's not done until they can reproduce a blue screen of death on the Zune HD.

The only "reason" I can fathom for delays in rolling out Zune HD apps is the intention to expand the platform, and a possible announcement in Barcelona in February of a WinMo phone with a Zune-like interface.

According to a few other tech sites, MS is hiring in areas that would indicate such a push.

Even if so, they're going to have to open up the platform to developers or Android, Palm and Apple will leave them far behind in the dust. It's not enough to have a superior product anymore.