¹ Zune HD Originals Starting to Arrive - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Hardware

Old 09-30-2009, 12:11 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Zune HD Originals Starting to Arrive

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/arch...re-arriving.php

"FedEx is starting to drop off the long awaited (read: delayed) customized Zune Originals direct from Microsoft's factories in China. Those who ordered a Zune Original as an express order got a little treat for their patience in putting up with the delay- $15 credit to be spent in the Zune Marketplace."

Finally, someone with some photography skills gets their hands on a Zune Originals device! You can always count on Grahm Skee from anythingbutipod to know how to take a good picture. Check out the gallery for all the pics - it's amazing how the blue looks so different depending on the angle. I haven't ordered a Zune Originals yet because I'm worried I won't like the colours...I know I already don't like any of the art designs. Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with the Originals this time around - I can't understand why the Zune team would change what was such a successful collection of colours and designs from last time. I think I'm going to stick with the 16 GB black Zune HD for now and wait for a 64 GB model in better colours and designs. I know, it might be a long wait...

Old 09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
Ricardo Dawkins
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Dunn View Post
Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed with the Originals this time around - I can't understand why the Zune team would change what was such a successful collection of colours and designs from last time.
They are losing money since Zune HD is sold at loss. They removed a lot of the niceties about the originals (No poster, no pouch, no premium earphones) expecting to lower the huge money loss by getting rid of these.

Quote:
I think I'm going to stick with the 16 GB black Zune HD for now and wait for a 64 GB model in better colours and designs. I know, it might be a long wait...
I think if you wait too long all Zune HD will be gone making your only option the 64GB IPod Touch.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:29 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

I hope you're wrong Ricardo

Old 09-30-2009, 12:50 AM
mrozema
Intellectual

I dig the blue, but like Jason I'll wait for a 64GB model to appear first.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
The Yaz
Thinker

I've made my pitch to my wife to get me the 16gb Zune HD as my Cristmas present. When the kids got my wife a 16gb Nano for her Birthday, it was my job to reorganize her music collection since she currently had 27gb used on the old Picture iPod.

What I realized is that 16gb is reasonable if you breakdown your selections into manged playlists and change them as needed. I wouldn't mind the 32gb, but another $100 would put it outside of the limit my wife and I determine for gifts to each other...

I'm not sure that Microsoft even sees the need for a larger Zune, so I would not hold my breath for one

Steve

Old 09-30-2009, 06:10 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

No need for one? Strongly disagree...I have a subscription so I have access to a lot of music. May of us can't even fit our collections on 32GB devices with only music, let alone video. Its far too much work to try and decide what I want with me today (and essentially decide in the morning or the night before what I'll be listening to at work)

Music i need in the moment.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:30 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins View Post
They are losing money since Zune HD is sold at loss.
That's an interesting statement. How do you know that for a fact?