¹ Zune HD #1 At Amazon! - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zune HD #1 At Amazon!

http://astore.amazon.com/zunethough...tail/B002JPITY8

This is great news for Microsoft. The Zune HD of course only has two models but clearly this shows there is some excitement for the Zune right now. How long will it last is the big question. Can Microsoft build off of what looks to be a little momentum for the first time in a couple years? Microsoft really needs to do just a few things to really have a strong presense in the market.

They simply have to have a larger capacity Zune HD. There is no excuse for the lack of a 64 GB device. That the 32 GB device is selling so well shows people are willing to spend more for a bigger device.

They need a small standard player. I know people who just want a little DAP to take to the gym. I have a coworker who won’t consider anything bigger than a Nano. And get this thing out in multiple markets already! Whatever it takes just do it. Sell your soul for it. I don’t know if this would all translate to success but I can’t imagine Microsoft really considers what’s happened up until now a success.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

I ask for a massive marketing campaign to get even more people aware of the Zune HD, it's capabilities, and it's awesome software (as the competitor is well aware of and would like to assimilate). More sales of a sales-worthy device will give Microsoft the confidence to expand into other markets. Right now, the Zune team must have a hard time pitching big projects to Ballmer due to some unfortunate histories. Microsoft finally has something good in its hands, and with Apple's lack of improvement in the iPod Touch, the field could not be any more set for Microsoft to finally make good play.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
bubuschoeny
Pupil
Default The tide is turning

This will be a great for Microsoft I think. After seeing the Ipod Touch 3g, I think microsoft has a real winner on there hands. No if only they can kick it into high gear with Windows Mobile 7 and the Zune Marketplace Integration.

Old 09-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Ron Hostetter
Thoughts Media Review Team

When I was at work earlier today, a coworker (who didn't know about my love for the Zune) just out of the blue announced - "I'm getting me one of those new Zunes. It's my birthday present for myself."

As far as I know, he's not a strong follower of the PMP market - just an average guy who thinks the new Zune is cool and wants one.

Let's hope more of that happens...

Old 09-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Hostetter View Post
As far as I know, he's not a strong follower of the PMP market - just an average guy who thinks the new Zune is cool and wants one.

Let's hope more of that happens...
That is exactly what Microsoft should be striving for. Regular people, not just online forum members, to discover the Zune HD and feel excited for it. There is potential, they just need to successfully exploit it.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Macguy59
Mystic

It's dropped to #2 (but still respectable) now behind the 32GB 'Touch. And I see that Amazon has dropped the price a whopping 2 cents