¹ Zune 4.0 Software Peek? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Old 08-21-2009, 06:54 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zune 4.0 Software Peek?

http://t03.us/2009/08/first-image-o...oftware-leaked/

“Firstly thanks to Clubdirthill on twitter for pointing this out. Dave McLauchlan from the Zune Team had the following image as his background on twitter.”

Josh over at Cruleworld spotted this (or at least it was pointed out to him!) and it looks like the now playing screen is going to be changed around a bit. Perhaps not the most exciting screenshot but, hey, it’s better than nothing right? (Just agree with me.)

Old 08-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

Cool to see they're keeping up the visual aesthetic in the software too. And I love how much embarrassing music I also have in my collection

Old 08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
jaxim
Ponderer

The one of the things I dislike about the Zune software is that when I am playing a video, the scrub line is so small that it is extremely hard to skip to a precise point of the video.

Old 08-22-2009, 04:55 PM
paschott
Intellectual

I don't know, it may be pretty to look at, but what's changed in the functionality? Have we fixed any of the problems with importing music where Zune thinks that two separate files are actually the same file? I still see a lot of "rebuild your Zune collection" problem posts so am hoping this is fixed.

I'd like to know what's actually changed and am hoping this is a step forward and not just eye candy. (Also hoping that any updates can apply to older Zunes as much as is possible, but that may be wishful thinking....)

Old 08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by paschott View Post
I'd like to know what's actually changed and am hoping this is a step forward and not just eye candy.
I'm hoping the same thing - there's a litany of things that needed fixing/improving about the 3.x software, but unfortunately to my knowledge the Zune MVPs were neither consulted nor queried about what we saw our communities talking about that needed improving...so I'm completely clueless about what they're doing with the 4.0 software.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxim View Post
The one of the things I dislike about the Zune software is that when I am playing a video, the scrub line is so small that it is extremely hard to skip to a precise point of the video.
Yeah, it is pretty tiny - I bet they optimized it for short podcast videos rather than thinking about people watching movies with it.

One thing I wish they'd change is to make the software go truly full-screen in video playback mode - it's lame that it doesn't cover up the taskbar when you're watching a video.