¹ Zune on the Rise? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 05-25-2007, 01:51 AM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zune on the Rise?

http://www.zunerama.com/articles_015.php#070524_zune_story

"It's been a bumpy ride since Microsoft released Zune. On one hand, the player has built a cultish following of owners who can be loud and passionate. On the other, Zune has taken relentless bashing from many iPod supporters, and no shortage of negative reviews from tech blogs. I would guess that most people with no firsthand Zune experience have a negative perception of Zune. But now, five months after its release, is Zune turning a corner?"

Harvey Chute of Zunerama has compiled a list of reasons, that you can read here, of why he thinks the Zune might be coming into its own. I think he makes quite a few good points. While I'm not sure that Microsoft using Halo 3 to push the Zune is proof of anything other than Microsoft is wisely leveraging a very popular property to sell another, I do think that the NPD and Amazon numbers are proof of the Zune's growing appeal.

Good news for the Zune really just doesn't surprise me. Especially when the player simply is as good as it is.

Old 05-25-2007, 11:13 PM
julioangelortiz
Pupil

Well, I can say that I've taking a hard, long look at the Zune after initially dismissing it several months ago. I keep hoping to an update that allows better use of the wi-fi (look at the Sansa Connect). Still, I keep thinking of getting one for myself, and a pink one for my wife would be cool too. . I know my brother is considering it, too. So who knows?

Old 05-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

I want an update that will let me use Vista-like Gadgets on the Zune.

Old 05-27-2007, 06:39 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Doesn't mean much but in circuit city today I saw a woman buy a Zune & 2 identical DLO cases. She was with her husband it looked like so I'mguessing he already had one.

Old 05-28-2007, 05:29 PM
rc28
Neophyte

Well the zune must be doing well seeing as 1million units have been sold:
http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/28/m...nes/1#c5128856

Old 05-29-2007, 01:15 AM
julioangelortiz
Pupil

Well, I went ahead and did it. I converted to the Social.

I'll be talking about my experiences on my site: http://julioangelortiz.net/?p=573

This coming from someone who has used primarily Creative digital audio players and some iPods. I have to give this site (along with some others) credit for helping me make the switch. I'll be seeing you guys around.