¹ David Tucker on WNYC Tomorrow! - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Announcements

Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default David Tucker on WNYC Tomorrow!

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/

Zune Thoughts' very own David Tucker will be on radio station WNYC tomorrow to talk about the merits of Zune, its features, and its functionality. David will be on the station's "Soundcheck" program, debating with someone from the iPod side of the aisle. The program airs from 2-3 pm tomorrow and the segment will run 20 to 25 minutes in the first part of the hour. Even if you happen to be outside of New York tomorrow, you can visit the WNYC site to stream the feed live, and the archive of the show should be up after the show airs. Whatever side of the iPod/Zune debate you're on, this should be fun to hear!

Update: Missed the segment? Listen to it here.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:27 PM
inteller
Banned

for the iPod guy, be sure and mention that the Zune doesn't support asian characters so New York's vast Chinese population will be informed.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

And for David, be sure to mention that you can't even listen to the show on an iPod... you know, without a radio and all.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Oh trust me...that is DEFINITELY coming up

Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 AM
doogald
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Krebs View Post
And for David, be sure to mention that you can't even listen to the show on an iPod... you know, without a radio and all.
Sure you can.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:52 AM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Hey hey, get those nonsense 'facts' out of here.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Pony99CA
Swami
Default Paying $50?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogald View Post
Sure you can.
Wow, $50 for an FM radio? I bought a CF card radio for my iPAQ for less than that (years ago...).

Steve

Old 12-09-2008, 03:57 AM
David Tucker

Seeing how its an Apple product you don't want to pay too little, lest you devalue the whole experience!

Old 12-09-2008, 04:55 PM
doogald
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony99CA View Post
Wow, $50 for an FM radio? I bought a CF card radio for my iPAQ for less than that (years ago...)
Well, it's also a remote, which is nice - it's the reason I bought one (on sale). I've used the radio once, just to test it mostly.

But, yeah, it's too expensive. And I haven't used it in over a year anyway. Still, it's there if I want it.

(Though I must say that having an FM radio to hear the show is convenient only if you are in the NY metropolitan area at the time of the show anyway.)

I'm thinking that you can also stream the show on the iPod Touch, but I'm sure about that one. Podcast is the easiest way, as I don't have to drop everything at 2:00 this afternoon just to hear the show. (And it's nice that they create a convenient podcast just for that segment of the show, so I don't need to listen to the whole thing, either.)