¹ Zune Update Coming Soon? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune News

Old 05-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor
Default Zune Update Coming Soon?

http://zunerama.com/forum/index.php?topic=9714.0

With the Spring Xbox update just around the corner, it only makes sense that Microsoft's other main E&D device should receive the update treatment as well—after all, we haven't really had a significant update since the launch of the gen 2 devices. With many rightly feeling that the upgrade to Zune v2 had taken away several desirable features, it appears we might be getting a few of those back. Zunerama member Ricardo Dawkins spotted a video on Zune.net that appears to hint at a few of the upcoming features, including a new genres link in Browse view of the Collection, a videos (!) link in the Marketplace (but strangely no downloads link), and on the artist page in the Marketplace, a new link for "listeners", likely something relating to further Social integration.

Notice the "videos" link in the marketplace (and removal of downloads link).

Details are of course sketchy (and the video has since been pulled), but we'll keep you updated as the update approaches.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

Damn, I should have downloaded the video when I first saw it.

But on the listeners thing, I just noticed something similar to that on the artist pages on zune.net. They have a "top listeners" section; found that kinda cool.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Ricardo Dawkins
Ponderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alber1690 View Post
Damn, I should have downloaded the video when I first saw it.

But on the listeners thing, I just noticed something similar to that on the artist pages on zune.net. They have a "top listeners" section; found that kinda cool.
Video is back. Here:
http://assets.xbox.com/en-us/zune/ma...o/default.html

Old 05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
rohitharsh
Pupil
Default No Zune news

I hope something comes up because I have noticed that there is hardly any mindshare for Zune. I dont hear about it getting talked or anything at all. Also they have not introduced anything till now which will make people go WOW!. Now they need something like that soon or else the Zune brand is going nowhere.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Phillip Dyson
Mystic

I just recently purchased a Zune 80 and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I agree that Microsoft seems to know how to let the fruit grow old on the vine.

Between Apple, HTC, and others there's a whirlwind of changes going on. Its time for Microsoft to jump in.

Phone: Nexus one Backup Phone: AT&T Samsung Jack; Future Phone: I'm Watching WP7; Media Player: Platinum Zune HD 32GB; Home Server: HP MediaSmart Server LX195 Console: XBox 360, PS3, Wii

Old 05-06-2008, 03:46 AM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitharsh View Post
I hope something comes up because I have noticed that there is hardly any mindshare for Zune. I dont hear about it getting talked or anything at all.
Well, if I were to compare where we're at now to where we were at this time last year, I'd say things have improved by quite a bit. There's a long way to go, but I'm hearing/seeing much more about the Zune than I was a year ago with the first-gen hardware.