Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 08:29 PM
famousdavis
Philosopher
Default Explain the meaning of your Avatar, please!

Admittedly, I'm quite new to this forum and PPT. But I'm an enthusiastic newcomer!

I've enjoyed reading and participating in many threads is this site's forum, and one thing that has struck me is the use of avatars. I'm intrigued by many of them, and I'd like to learn what some of them are and why you chose them as the visual representation of yourself at this site.

For example, Surgical Snack has an almost hideous avatar (but amusing nonetheless). You've surely seen it around here -- it's a skeletal head in a tux. Executive Editor Jason Dunn's cartoon avatar looks like a comic superhero, although I don't know who the character is? Goldkey's avatar is downright scarey! Janak Parekh's antique shot of an IBM AT (I think?) is quite contrary to the theme of this site -- sleek, colorful PDAs. Why did these members choose their avatars?

And that's just a small sampling of what you see in these forums!

So I'd find it very helpful and interesting if you'd note:

1) what your avatar is, and
2) why you chose it

What? Me go first? Mine's simple: I took it from Microsoft's clipart gallery. I live in South Florida, about 1.5 miles away from the beach, so I wanted to find something bright and beachy.

Closed Thread