Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 04-16-2003, 06:36 PM
shawnc
Pontificator
Default Everything Worked As It Supposed To!!!!!

Taking a break from the normal process of ranting and complaining, I just wanted to share my recent experience into the technical world. While I'm far from a "techie", my penchant for gadgets has resulted in me not being a novice. However, RARELY do I purchase/upgrade/integrate anything related to computers (PDA's included) where the process works as it should ON THE FIRST ATTEMPT!

Well, this past weekend I purchased a laptop and decided to setup a wireless internet connection. Purchased the Linksys card and station (802.11g and the connection is SUPER-FAST), hooked the cable into the station, the station into my desktop, and WALA....wireless connectivity on my laptop. The only problem I had is that the connection went so smoothly I figured I must have missed something. Couldn't figure out what I had missed, so I simply inserted the card into the laptop and 2 minutes later I was on the web.

The laptop has a 2.4G P4 processor, so it is MUCH faster than my 4-year old desktop. With that in mind, I knew I would want to begin using it to sync with my Axim. But I was really DREADING this as I expected to lose all of my Avantgo channels and settings and just generally having a VERY difficult time with the process. Well low and behold, there is an option that allows you to sync with a new computer and keep all of your settings (I'm sure thats not news to most of you, but for me it was). To make a long story less long :wink: , a process that I set aside 1 hour to complete took LESS THAN 5 MINUTES! Axim syncs flawlessly and avantgo channels were unchanged.

I'm not shy about complaining when things don't go as advertised, well this time it did.......and I couldn't be happier!