Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > Thoughts Media Off Topic

Old 07-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default Everything the iPod wished it could be

http://www.edig.com/news/releases/pr072202.html

Wow. Consider my rant about PC MP3 players being crappy closed - this looks like quite a sweet device. I think I like the "white knight" look of the iPod more, but this isn't bad looking at all. And talk about killer features: 20 gig hard drive, 13 hour playback time, USB 2.0, PC and Mac compatibility, voice navigation, voice recording, MP3/WAV/WMA support, FM radio tuner, and a lot more. Assuming it comes in around the same price point as the iPod, this is a very competetive device. But I'm still happy with my Pocket PC and my Sony headphones. [affiliate link]

"It�s sleek, it�s powerful, it has the capacity to download 4,800 songs, or 400 CDs, at lightning-quick speed -- and it�s PC and Mac compatible. e.Digital Corporation (OTC: EDIG) today announced its new Odyssey 1000TM digital jukebox and data storage device, its premier digital audio player. Powered by e.Digital�s MicroOS� 2.0, the Odyssey 1000 combines the best of e.Digital�s digital audio technology into one stellar, feature-packed unit.

Jim Collier, President and COO of e.Digital said, "The Odyssey 1000 sets the standard by which all other portable entertainment products will now be judged. It is the result of our first joint project with our strategic development partner Digitalway. It combines an elegant, world class industrial design from Digitalway�s award-winning engineering team with e.Digital�s state-of-the-art, patented audio technology. There is nothing else available that matches its elegant looks, full range of features, and cutting-edge Drag �n RipTM technology."