¹ Zune.net and Zune Marketplace Down: Updates Imminent (And They're Live!) - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Darius Wey
Developer & Designer, News Editor Emeritus
Default Zune.net and Zune Marketplace Down: Updates Imminent (And They're Live!)

It looks like Microsoft is working the late-night shift. Both Zune.net and the Zune Marketplace are down, which can only mean one thing: update time! Expect major changes on the other side - new desktop software, a new Zune Marketplace, and new firmware that's ready to rock with all flavours of the new and old Zune. We'll let you know the moment they're available.

Update: And Zune.net is live - with a new face, of course! If you already have the previous Zune software installed, fire it up or pay Microsoft Update a visit to grab the latest version. Otherwise, head over to the Zune Software page to "get the full Zune experience" or just the software itself. While that's downloading, be sure to check out the new Zune Social and new Zune Marketplace (now alive and kicking with DRM-free MP3s, music videos, and podcasts). We'll be covering the latest and greatest of the new Zune experience today, so stay tuned for more!

Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 AM
snap
Pupil
Default Xbox live maintenance tonight too

Busy night in Redmond. Xbox live has planned maintenance tonight too . ..

Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 AM
eufreka
Pupil

and yet strangely, I am logged into old marketplace and downloading music even now...

Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

I wonder if the site itself will get a refresh [visual].

Old 11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Trix
Neophyte

I wonder if the Zune XP theme will get a refresh, maybe with white?

Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 AM
lostsubtleties
Neophyte

ya, def the site itself needs a makeover too, the older design doesnt look professional enuff.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Christopher Coulter
Neophyte
Default Up Now

It's up now, updated my 30s. Whoop. Refresh city, until the download link kicked in. Incidentally, it kept failing on install, until I uninstalled the old Zune software, I figured it woulda done that for me, but no go. So uninstalling is a must, at least the 3 attempts here. Any way to change the text color? It's all boring white, or any multi-colored pattern? For example when clicking from 'music' to 'videos' it would go blue or red as the scroll color. Slick interface software, bit confusing at first with the 'music' page sync concept. Killer UI, and it went directly to 2.2 firmware.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:52 PM
vlefur
Pupil
Default I've just updated to the firmware 2.2 (1040)

Now it' 1 PM here in france (Paris), zune.net has just been up. Zune software was updated first followed by Zune firmware when the device was connected.
It took three minutes, no error message, all done . Zune look changed but I haven't noticed yet any video/audio quality enhancement, one thing changed : I used dSHARPiE to organize my videos based on tvshow tag (for example, all seinfeld episodes to have the same tvshow tag seinfeld), this doesn't work any more because under tvshows, all episodes are shown instead of the tag seinfeld itself.