¹ Wild Zunes? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Wild Zunes?

http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/11/zune-2-already-.html

I’m starting to see reports around the internet that retailers are releasing the before the actual street date. Some of the named offenders I’ve seen are Circuit City, Target and Walmart. I’ve always heard about stuff like this happening but I’ve never managed to find anyone doing it. I guess the stores in my area are run by people who like to keep their jobs.

Have any of you seen the Zune 2G devices popping up on store shelves? This could be the ultimate scavenger hunt if someone managed to find a picture and show it to us of a Zune on a store shelf before next Tuesday. And if you managed to buy one before next Tuesday, well, that’d be really cool! So go forth, Zuners!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Roan
Neophyte

I was just at my local Target here in Monroe, Michigan and they had a single, black Zune 4GB in the case. I tried to buy it.

The woman working electronics took it out of the case, I held it in my hands for a brief second and then she took it to the register. When she tried to ring it up a message popped up on the screen: "Cannot Sell Before 11/13".

She wouldn't sell it to me. Needless to say I got a little angry with her and asked "If its in the case and even has a price tag on it, why can't you sell it to me?"

To which she replied: "Look, even if I wanted to sell it to you I couldn't as the computer won't register the bar code when I scan it."

I was so close! T_T

Looks like I'll just have to wait until Tuesday.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:41 PM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

You didn't try hard enough!

Old 11-10-2007, 12:58 AM
Alber1690
Intellectual
Send a message via MSN to Alber1690

According to a friend, my local Walmart had some on display. I haven't had a chance to check them out, but I'll see what I can do.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Adam Krebs
Contributing Editor

It's not worth it to get it early. Since there's no CD in the new packaging, you have to download the software/firmware from the web (which, of course, hasn't been released yet.) The player doesn't do anything without firmware first: no pre-loads, no radio, no nothing.

One guy at Zunerama went out and bought one, but because of Microsoft's software restrictions, hasn't been able to do anything with it.

Old 11-11-2007, 01:23 PM
David Tucker

Sure its worth it...just to say you have it! And then at the moment its able to be used...you'll already have it.