¹ Zune 2 Rumors Again? - Thoughts Media Forums Zune Thoughts

Zune Thoughts.com

Thanks for visiting Zune Thoughts - be sure to register in our forums!

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Windows Phone Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > ZUNE THOUGHTS > Zune Talk

Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
David Tucker
Contributing Editor Emeritus
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker
Default Zune 2 Rumors Again?

Alright! The Zune 2 details have been confirmed by an insider over at Zune Scene. *insert record scratch noise here* Wait a second, let's hold up for JUST a moment. I debated even writing anything about this when I first saw this go up on Zune Scene. I should have known half the internet would pick up on it.

First of all, I fully believe Zune 2 is coming and coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it took a form similar to what we've seen in pictures but those pictures look so fake to me that I just can't believe that's the Zune in its final form.

I also question the color options as legitimate. Black is a no brainer. But red and pink as the ONLY other color choices? I just find it hard to believe that white wouldn't be an option. It's almost a requirement. And brown has been a very good seller. I think it's always been #2 behind black on Amazon.

October doesn't seem to be an unreasonable release month. But this source gave a very specific October 16th. I guess we'll have to see.

My issue with this 'interview' is that other than the release date (which the source covered themselves for by saying it was a target) every piece of information given was pretty vague. I could have acted as a source and given essentially the same information.

The Zune Phone is the kicker for me. If this all comes to pass, I'll eat my words. But I'm very skeptical of what I'm reading right now.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:15 PM
justrick
Pupil
Default Doubtful

I would be very, very surprised if that transcript came from a real conversation with someone on the Zune team. Everyone at Microsoft is very tight-lipped when it comes to new products. To me it smacks of fabrication.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:26 PM
David Tucker
Send a message via ICQ to David Tucker Send a message via AIM to David Tucker Send a message via MSN to David Tucker Send a message via Yahoo to David Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrick View Post
I would be very, very surprised if that transcript came from a real conversation with someone on the Zune team. Everyone at Microsoft is very tight-lipped when it comes to new products. To me it smacks of fabrication.
I'm not going to say I disagree with any of this.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:35 PM
rohitharsh
Pupil
Default I Agree!!

I have to agree too. Somehow it just does not feel right. Why do I get a feeling that MS has been learning from Apple. Just like Apple they have learned to stay quite. Apple also promises less so that they can deliver more. Can this be what Zune is up to? Build lower expectation through these pictures to come up with a better device?

We will know soon.

By the way I found something interesting:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/?p=2388

I like the whole concept A LOT!! If Zune does implement this I think it will be awesome! I really want them to come up with 2 or 3 features which are so compelling that Apple has to follow.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:36 PM
ZappCatt
Neophyte

and to push their reputation even lower, they decided to make a fake Ballmer page...
I am sure that they will come out and say that this was all just a huge parody of the other sites..and that they were making fun of the demands for Zune news.

I was not impressed..and will move them down to the "weekly" check on the list of ZUne sites...

Oh well..

C'Mon MSFT announce already..

Holiday Lists are being made and without ANY news...or updates of the first gen, it is hard to hold a spot for a "potential" competitor to either the Zen 8gb + SD slot($199) or the iTouch/Nano devices...

Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM
andre
Pupil

i believe is just a stunt designed to bring in more web traffic...that it.

Quote:
ZuneScene: Will there be green along with red, pink and black? The picture doesn't show green.
Source: Yes the green looks like an old army jeep green, the pink looks like pepto bismol.
why would ANY interviewer bring up a question about a green ZUNE when no one has even mentioned this color? a real question would have been...are there any other colors besides, red, pink and black. Yet this 'interviewer' decided to ask a specific question about a specific color just so the 'interview looks legit.

just a stunt and that's it.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:07 PM
zune scene
Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre View Post
i believe is just a stunt designed to bring in more web traffic...that it
So if Microsoft releases an army green flash based 4 & 8 gb Zune with a squircle will you take back all the mean hearted stuff you are saying? Just asking.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justrick View Post
Everyone at Microsoft is very tight-lipped when it comes to new products. To me it smacks of fabrication.
Indeed, I've been working with Microsoft for 10 years now and I've never encountered anyone that's eager to blab about unreleased products to people with Web sites that will publish the information.

The ONE exception I've seen are the sales channel guys - the product team people keep their mouths shut, but I've seen sales guys blab about stuff because they want to sell it.

I guess we'll see in a month or so!

Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
Rocco Augusto
Editor Emeritus

While I do hope we get the new Zunes soonish, I'm not to sure about that story. Rereading it, the whole conversation, from both angels, sounds as if it is all one person. Humans by nature have very distinctive speaking patterns (verbally and written word) and both individuals in this "interview" appear to use the same speech pattern and vocabulary.

I wouldn't go as far as saying the conversation didn't take place but I will say that the whole back and fourth was written by a single person.

And yes, if I'm wrong I'll happily take back my statement, but first I have to be proved wrong

Old 09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Damion Chaplin

Shenanigans!

I agree with Rocco. Either that was a conversation held with himself, or he was seriously paraphrasing the source so it sounded like himself...