Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Hardware & Accessories

Old 09-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Lee Yuan Sheng
Contributing Editor
Default Fujifilm Announces X-E1, Two New XF Lenses

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilm-x-e1/

Well, the camera companies really need to do something about their leaks. Anyway, if the X-Pro 1 was tempting, but the price too rich, Fujifilm's X-E1 could be the answer. Essentially, Fujifilm took the X-Pro1, swapped the hybrid viewfinder for a more bog-standard but higher resolution XGA OLED EVF, improved the autofocus, and made it smaller. Oh, and the rear LCD got a downgrade to a 2.8" HVGA one. Those are the main differences. The camera still uses that 16 megapixel APS-C sensor, which uses a special colour filter array instead of the standard GRGB Bayer Array, and produces images I feel are the best of any APS-C sensor. In fact, I am of the opinion the results can come close to a 35mm-sized sensor! Ships in November for US$1000, and US$1400 with the new 18-55/2.8-4 lens.

The two new lenses are the 18-55mm f/2.8-4 lens which has optical image stabilisation, and the 14mm f/2.8. I am excited about the latter, as I love my ultra-wides. At US$700 for the former, and US$900 for the latter, I think I might need to start saving up soon. Both lenses also ship in November.