¹ iOS Update 5.1.1 Released - Thoughts Media Forums Apple Thoughts

Apple Thoughts - News & Reviews on all things Apple

Be sure to register in our forums and post your comments - we want to hear from you!

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > APPLE THOUGHTS > Apple Software (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)

Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Jeff Campbell
Executive Editor, Apple Thoughts
Default iOS Update 5.1.1 Released

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/...t+Hardware+2.0)

"Apple has just released iOS 5.1.1 update for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This update fixes a number of bugs, including a particular annoying one affecting the iPad 3 which resulted users losing access to their cellular data connection until they rebooted their tablet."

The biggest fix is for the bug that causes problems on the new iPad when switching between 2G and 3G networks. But the annoying bug that is supposedly fixed is the one I've experienced, namely the one that displayed the "unable to purchase" message when you actually have purchased the item. You can find out more at Apple about this "first ever" iPad 3 update.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor

I wonder if this will do anything for the standby power consumption on the new iPad? I'm not at all impressed with mine...