Digital Home Thoughts

Digital Home Thoughts - News & Reviews for the Digital Home

Register in our forums so you're ready for our next giveaway contest...

Zune Thoughts

Loading feed...

Apple Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > DIGITAL HOME THOUGHTS > Digital Home Events

Old 10-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Jason Dunn
Executive Editor
Default The Sweet Sound of Quality: Win a Set of $399 Audioengine A5+ Speakers

http://audioengineusa.com/Store/Aud...5-Plus#overview

I may be selling these sites and working full time for HTC now, but who says I can't have a little more fun giving away a great prize before I go? Last week I posted about the new Audioengine A5+ powered desktop speakers; the generous folks at Audioengine have offered up a set of these new speakers for a contest. With dual inputs (3.5mm and RCA, the latter of which is easily converted to an addition 3.5mm input with a cable) and a USB charging port, the A5+ speakers are a great companion to an endless variety of devices: desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, smartphones, and yes, even the humble Zune. Ringing in at $399 USD, these are high-quality speakers that I guarantee will blow you away.

How do you win this contest? Simply post a comment to this discussion thread (one entry per person) telling me what your current audio solution for speakers is and how the Audioengine A5+ speakers will be better. One winner will be randomly selected from amongst all the entries and they'll get to chose either a set of black or white A5+ speakers. Due to the size and weight of this prize, it will only be shipped within the continental USA. The contest will remain open until Friday the 28th at 12 PM mountain time (GMT -7).

Best of luck everyone, and I look forward to reading some interesting entries. :-)

UPDATE: The contest is now over, and the winner is ITforSmallBiz. Thanks to everyone for entering!

Old 10-21-2011, 05:30 PM
rockinthesixstring
Pupil

I've heard really great things about these speakers, so they would do awesome in my office.

I'm currently running the built in speakers on my lappy and some Logitech something or other's on my desktop. I don't particularily like the sound that I'm getting so I more often than not push the sound (Air Play) to my Home Theater if I need good sound (Harman Kardon 3600 + Jamo speakers and a Martin Logan sub).

Since I'm the first entry, the chances of "randomness" probably isn't all that high... I should have waited.. haha

Old 10-21-2011, 05:44 PM
mr_yellow
Ponderer

My Entry:

Current setup is my laptop speakers. LOL... I have no desktop audio setup and would love to finally have something I can use for both music and games! =)

Old 10-21-2011, 05:59 PM
ITforSmallBiz
Neophyte
Cool My entry

At home I connect my laptop to my home stereo. Cerwin Vega speakers, Sony Receiver. At the office I use some cheap speakers that I plug into the headphone jack. I don't know if the Audioengine speakers will sound better than what I have at home, but there's no doubt it will improve things at the office.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:04 PM
schoenof
Neophyte

Currently have cheap Dell desktop speakers...no doubt these A5+ speakers would completely blow away the dells

Old 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
dai_shan
Neophyte

I currently have a loner set of Logitech Z-1's.

When we moved to Ohio, I sold my then current setup of Kenwood amp and JBL speakers, with the intent of building my own. Haven't yet had the time to finish the project. In the mean while, my brother in law let me borrow the Z-1 that he wasn't going to use for the foreseeable future. I'm pretty sure he's ready to take them back anytime.

So there you have it, the A5's would improve my sound, since technically I wouldn't have any.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:09 PM
jgrnt1
Theorist

I'm guessing that these would sound better than the speakers in my Thinkpad.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:50 PM
harvardkid
Neophyte

My current solution also is using my laptop speakers, and the quality of music isn't very good. I'm a college student so I really can't afford speakers right now...winning these speakers would be awesome. I review music for my school newspaper, so having good quality speakers would undeniably help me out with my job.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:21 PM
rwelch
Pupil

These will be a big improvement from my blown out Boston Acoustics computer speakers!

Old 10-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Josh Sorenson
Pupil
Send a message via AIM to Josh Sorenson Send a message via MSN to Josh Sorenson Send a message via Skype™ to Josh Sorenson

Currently I use my macbook pro speakers or my headphones. When I'm down in my room I can plug my computer into my boombox but that still isn't optimal. I need some professional type speakers like these for my room when I'm producing mixes for songs I record with others or drum covers I do with a friend. Sound quality is key for me.