View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Joel Crane
Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by nook View Post
I'm looking at getting another console, I currently have a Wii, and wanted some opinions on what I should get. One question I have is about the Zune integration with the 360. What exactly can you do with the two? And I also wanted to know a few other things:
  • which one has a better internet interface, ie; which one is better for doing stuff on the net
  • which one can stream media from my desktop
  • which one has built in Wi-Fi
  • Is a 20gig drive enough for an average gamer on the 360
  • Is a 40gig drive enough for an average gamer on the PS3
  • The Xbox 360 has a stripped down version of Windows Live Messenger and Xbox Live. With Xbox Live, you can send your friends voicemails and messages and invite them to games. Its great for gaming, but that's about it. Don't expect it to replace your computer. You can plug in a USB keyboard for faster typing. There is NO web browser. The rest of the interface is clean and easy to use.
  • The Xbox 360 can stream from your desktop. All you need is Windows Media Connect or Windows Media Player 11.
  • The Xbox 360 has no built in WiFi support, you have to buy a little USB adapter that neatly and cleanly clips on the back, and it is *gasp* 100 bucks! You could just buy a Wireless Bridge for cheaper.
  • The 20 gig hard drive has been big enough for me. I don't store very many videos, music or demos on it and it has been fine.
  • I'm not sure about the Zune, but I do remember my friend plugging his old Zune 30 into his Xbox 360 and playing music off it, just as if it was a portable hard drive.
I own a 360, so I can't tell you much about the ps3. The main reason I bought a 360 is because all of my friends have them. That way, if we want to play Halo 3 or CoD4, we can drag all the 'Boxes together and play and play on Xbox Live.

Last edited by Joel Crane; 07-04-2008 at 09:33 PM..