Windows Phone Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

Check out the hottest Windows Mobile devices at our Expansys store!

Digital Home Thoughts

Loading feed...

Laptop Thoughts

Loading feed...

Android Thoughts

Loading feed...

Go Back   Thoughts Media Forums > WINDOWS PHONE THOUGHTS > Windows Phone Hardware > Motorola Windows Phones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Pupil
Default What does the "Call Divert Activated" message mean

I replaced my .325 Mpx220 for the 1.30 version and now sometimes (I can't seem to narrow it down) when I'm making a call, the screen flashes a "Call Divert Activated" messaage.

Any idea what this means?

It never happened on the .325 version but I can't say that the 1.30 version is the reason the message appears.

TIA

Old 12-06-2004, 11:51 PM
Thinker

Well, the message indicates that any incoming calls will be diverted to A>a number you specified or b> your voicemail.

I can only assume you don't have call waiting? And as such, the phone is diverting incoming calls to Vmail while its in use.

Just a semi educated guess

-Edgar

Old 12-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Pupil

That sounds like a reasonable probability. But I do have call waiting. I'll have to talk to Cingular about it. I've never received a call while on another so I don't even know if it works.

Thanks

Old 12-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Pupil

I never quite understood the point of the "call diverted" popup when making a call, but I've experienced it on every Motorola GSM phone I've used (don't know if it happens on others - but I didn't experience it with a Siemens or Sony Ericsson I used to use)

Nonetheless, I haven't had any problems getting call waiting or having calls sent to voicemail. My guess is that it's a reminder that there is a conditional call forwarding (to VM) active.