View Full Version : Greetings From The Crafty Android Chick!

Karey Westfall
09-03-2010, 01:12 PM
<p>Hello everyone! I (usually) go by Karey Westfall and I'm a new contributing editor for the Android Thoughts Team. I'm also new to the Android field, having started exploring the operating system after buying my first Android phone earlier this year. I will admit, I'm still a noob when it comes Android, but I do find the system interesting and am looking forward to learning more about it. And besides, I have a great teacher, which some of you already know, Jon Westfall!</p><p>Although I do find technology and computers interesting, and know my way around a computer well enough to be dangerous (and slightly helpful sometimes), they are not my background. I earned an A.S. in Science and studied geology for a few years before deciding I just plain hated college. Then I worked in senior care and banking, which I enjoyed greatly. But I resigned as Jon and I moved to New York for a great career opportunity. So now I spend my time devoted to other favorite activities. Usually you can find me (and sometimes my kitty) either on my computer, reading, knitting/crocheting, or crafting!</p>

Craig Horlacher
09-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Cool! It's will be great to hear your perspective of things! My wife doesn't like technology in general. She does like my Droid X though since it's much faster and easier to use than my WinMo 6.1 iMate Ultimate 6150 (she just uses it as a phone here and there. She is also addicted to Lettered! so that helps too:)

I'm sort of new to Android as well though I've been following it closely since the release of the G1. I didn't have an Android device until I got the Droid X. It has all the features I wanted and so far I've been blown away by it's total awesomeness. I have the leak of Froyo installed and love having Flash!

Darius Wey
09-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Welcome aboard, Karey!

Karey Westfall
09-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Thank you both for the greetings!

Vector -
I was never a huge phone fan either, but then Jon has slowly (and I mean, s l o w l y) got me hooked on more advanced phones. And I'm still not there yet. But maybe someday, your wife will see all the cool things mobile phones have to offer. Don't give up hope! :)

And I am certainly glad that I'm not the only newbie, though I honestly didn't think I was! I am hoping that I and all our new-to-Android members, can provide a beginner's perspective to some of these applications, specs and techno jargon that the other guys on here run circles around; hopefully providing help to all other newbies to use their Android devices to the fullest potential!

cowgirl92
09-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Hi! It's great to find someone who's into this as well as crafts and that kind of thing. I just got my first android yesterday and its quite a change com my old Blackberry Curve, but I love it. Knitting is my favorite craft, plus I love to ride my horses whenever I can. I'll be looking forward to your posts!

Karey Westfall
09-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Hi! It's great to find someone who's into this as well as crafts and that kind of thing. I just got my first android yesterday and its quite a change com my old Blackberry Curve, but I love it. Knitting is my favorite craft, plus I love to ride my horses whenever I can. I'll be looking forward to your posts!

Welcome cowgirl92!!! It's great to have you here! We love to hear comments and suggestions from our readers! And since it sounds like you are new to Android, feel free to ask any questions you may have in the Android Talk forums.

Jon Westfall
09-13-2010, 01:05 AM

Hey Cowgirl! I can't really say more than Karey did, but I wanted to welcome you to our forums as well. Feel free to ask questions and submit tips or news you find interesting. We'd love to hear from you!

Jon.