View Full Version : Music Management

garlicgoddess
06-25-2007, 01:03 AM
Is there a resource for tips and tricks of music management? As an example, I would like to know how to delete songs from the zune (not from the software library) as I'm using the player. Is that possible and what resources or best practices are available for music management. I'm trying the 14 day trial and downloading a bunch of music then listening on Zune. Other than flagging, I'm not sure how to synch back to the library and get rid of the stuff I didn't like. Flagging doesn't seem to do much either, as far as I can tell. Thanks!!

Jason Dunn
06-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Welcome!

Is there a resource for tips and tricks of music management?

I'd say these forums and this site is a good start. :D

As an example, I would like to know how to delete songs from the zune (not from the software library) as I'm using the player.

Using the desktop software is the only way to delete songs off the Zune - you can't do it on the player itself (a sad shortcoming). When the Zune is connected, look for it in the left column underneath MARKETPLACE. Click on your Zune name and you should see a drop-down menu showing SYNC RESULTS, RECENTLY ADDED, etc. Click on ALBUM for instance and you'll see all the albums on your Zune. Right click on the one you want to delete and select delete. You can manage your music on the Zune just as easily as you manage it on your hard drive.

I'm trying the 14 day trial and downloading a bunch of music then listening on Zune. Other than flagging, I'm not sure how to synch back to the library and get rid of the stuff I didn't like. Flagging doesn't seem to do much either, as far as I can tell. Thanks!!

Well, I think you're thinking about it in reverse: when you download songs you're using the desktop software, and if you have the Zune set to auto-sync all your music, when you delete the stuff you don't like off the desktop, it will delete it off the Zune when you sync.

I hope that helped!