View Full Version : An Investor’s Perspective on the Mobile Marketplace

Adan Galvan
06-27-2010, 08:00 PM
<p>Hello Windows Phone Thoughts readers!&nbsp; My name is Adan Galvan and I am a new Contributing Editor.&nbsp; In my day job, I&rsquo;m an equity analyst for a small investment management company in Chicago, IL. As such, I&rsquo;ve been able to closely track the developments in the marketplace from a unique perspective of seeing these companies not just as distributors of amazing technology, but as potential investments for my clients. &nbsp;</p><p>Over the last decade, the technology world saw amazing growth and change as the trend moved towards smaller, faster, more powerful devices.&nbsp; All of the major players have scrambled to compete with the largest and most influential company, Apple. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;RIM, Nokia, Palm, and of course Microsoft have had to adjust strategies and products to cater to a decade in which consumer focus has become the meme.&nbsp; As an equity analyst, I&rsquo;ve marveled at the pace of innovation and the developments in the marketplace.&nbsp;</p><p>As a consumer, I&rsquo;ve salivated at the new gadgets and wondered how I could possibly afford them all.&nbsp; As a new Contributing Editor for Windows Phone Thoughts, I hope to share some news and opinions, and to foster some conversations on Microsoft&rsquo;s mobile strategy and products. &nbsp;Although I won't be giving recommendations on these companies, I look forward to the opportunity to discuss the future and strategies of Microsoft as it pertains to the mobile world.</p>

Craig Horlacher
06-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Thank you for giving your time to the Thoughts community! I enjoy and benefit from reading posts and discussions here almost every day.

Adan Galvan
06-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks Vector. I appreciate the encouragement!