View Full Version : Windows Phone 7 VS iPhone: FIGHT!

Nurhisham Hussein
02-25-2010, 03:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Windows/10-Ways-Windows-Phone-7-Series-Trumps-the-iPhone-367809/1/' target='_blank'>http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Windows/10...Phone-367809/1/</a><br /><br /></div><p><em>"In the past, the industry has been hard-pressed to find a real competitor to the iPhone. Several "iPhone killers" have come along, including the Palm Pre and BlackBerry Storm, but both devices have failed to live up to Apple's product on any level. Even Android-based devices like the Nexus One have come close but can't quite attract the kind of attention the iPhone does...But there is a strong possibility that Microsoft's newly announced Windows Phone 7 Series will change that."</em></p><p>eWeek weighs in on the merits of the upcoming Windows Phone 7 Series, specifically comparing it against the iPhone. Some of the points are a little weak in my view (a sense of urgency? really?), but there's always room for debate. I think it's premature to start discussing this seriously until we know more on what restrictions developers have to work under - I'm not very happy with what I've heard so far - but then speculation is half the fun. What do you guys think? Is eWeek making sense to you, or are they somewhere off in la-la land?</p>

txa1265
02-25-2010, 04:24 AM
I think it is *way* too early to telll ... sort of like those articles comparing the iPad to netbooks ... based on a press conference and very little supervised touch time.

Comparing unreleased potential against an existing product (whose flaws are well known) is always silly. WiMo as it stands is in a very sorry state, IMO. I got my first smartphone this year since an original Blackberry (before they had phones). Figured as someone who has had WinCE stuff since '96 that the Touch Pro 2 would be perfect ... but it was a pretty lousy experience compared to what I eventually settled on with the Moto Droid.

benjimen
02-25-2010, 07:06 AM
Both the original blog posting, and the comment on it at this website, indicate a slow news day.

The standard has been set, and it's not, nor will it be, anything Microsoft. That doesn't mean there isn't enough market share left over for fringe-OS's to stay afloat, which is exactly what Microsoft will do in the mobility market: stay afloat ;)

ucfgrad93
02-25-2010, 07:14 AM
I think it is *way* too early to telll ... sort of like those articles comparing the iPad to netbooks ... based on a press conference and very little supervised touch time.

Comparing unreleased potential against an existing product (whose flaws are well known) is always silly.

Agreed, I didn't even waste my time and read the article.