View Full Version : Zune 30 is giving me a major problem

joelle
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Okay so here's the deal, the player keeps flashing the Zune screen when trying to charge it and won't do anything else, no reset on the keys etc. When I take it off the charger it's completely black, when connected to my computer it still flashes that stupid screen and the Zune software says no Zune connected. Out of frustration I took it apart thinking it might need to be away from the battery for a few minutes, that didn't help. I even disconnected and reconnected the other wire to the hard drive that didn't help either. Then I put it on the charger and took off the battery and the hard drive wire (the left one) and it still just kept blinking the Zune screen. Anyone know what I should do with this?? I bought it from BestBuy a few months ago and Microsoft says its out of warranty because the warranty starts from when the store buys it from them, not from when the customer buys it from the store. BestBuy won't help me and says it's Microsoft's problem. Needless to say I'm upset but don't want to just throw this $125 player at the wall. If you have any ideas on how I can fix it please let me know. Thanks.

Sven Johannsen
01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, opening it up probably wasn't the best idea, as any potential argument about warranty went out the window with that. I have had a 30 go flakey on me in the past and turning it on and just letting it sit for a weekend (fully draining), followed by a full charge seemed to help. Would seem that disconnecting the battery would do the same thing, unless there is some capacitive reserve in there that hangs on to settings for a while if the battery is out, or totally discharged, for a short while, whatever short means.