View Full Version : Windows Mobile 7 Not Just Evolutionary

Ed Hansberry
01-11-2010, 03:00 PM
<p>Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Mobile Division, has let it slip that WinMo 7 will likely be announced at Mobile World Congress next month. He said WinMo 7 will "set the bar forward not in (just) an evolutionary way."</p><p>I hope so. WinMo fans are willing to give MS a bit more time to get the OS on par with the competition, but with more apps coming out each day for the iPhone and Android platforms, there is less reason holding them to the platform. The average consumer, of course, needs some really solid reasons to put down other smartphones and pick up a WinMo device. Hopefully, 7 will do the trick.</p>

stlbud
01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. I've seen articles stating that WM7 will not be released any time in 2010 to this http://gizmodo.com/5450142/rumor-windows-mobile-7-still-zune+like-doesnt-work-with-existing-windows-mobile-apps Granted it is no where near the hype associated with the black turtleneck crowd but, as usual, wildly speculative.

Is that the problem with Windows Mobile vs Apple, No one is steering the hype? WM gets disjointed and contradictory speculation while Apple gets speculation that seems to be moving in the same direction (look at Apple Tablet news).

Richard76
01-22-2010, 08:13 PM
I think you are on to something. I think M$ needs some new "Spin Doctors". Perhaps they should consider hiring some politicians!

Sven Johannsen
01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
I think you are on to something. I think M$ needs some new "Spin Doctors". Perhaps they should consider hiring some politicians!
Or maybe steal some guys from Apple ;) I've oft commented that MS doesn't need Apple's innovation, they need their marketing. Imagine someone building a similar device to the iPad using Windows Mobile Classic. 'Why would any one want a Pocket PC that's not pocketable??? is what we would hear.:rolleyes: