View Full Version : Sony DSC-T90 rant...sort of

Sven Johannsen
11-04-2009, 03:48 AM
OK UPS delivered it today. It came out of the box, and went back into the box. Now I am trying to decide whether to keep it or send it back. Why? Cuz of the freakin charger. It's twice the size of the camera, and you have to pull the battery out of the camera and stick it in the charger to charge it. I'm no stranger to that. I have a Pentax Optio that is the same way, but the charger is smaller than the camera, and the camera is waterproof, so no external connectors at all. I'm just tired of it.

My Zune(s), phone(s), BT stuff, iPaq, GPS(s), etc. all charge via USB. If I have a PC/Laptop/Netbook, I'm set. If I have a USB wall charger, I'm set. I bring my CallPod and appropriate adapters, I'm set. Now I get this thing with yet another hunk of accessory I have to carry along, keep track off, and can't replace at any Walmart/Radio Shack if I forget it. I read reviews of the unit, and nobody mentions that. Maybe most folks don't care.

So, here is the thing. Anyone care to tell me this is a great little camera and I should get over it; the behemoth charger? Sort of want someone to, because it is a sweet little unit, as most Sony things are. I like the thing, I'm just annoyed right now.

Lee Yuan Sheng
11-06-2009, 01:20 AM
I've yet to see a camera that comes with charging circuitry. Although most chargers I've seen are usually smaller than the camera..

Sven Johannsen
11-06-2009, 02:32 AM
I've yet to see a camera that comes with charging circuitry. Although most chargers I've seen are usually smaller than the camera..
That actually makes me feel a bit better. I do have an Insignia HD Video camera (about the size of a deck of cards) that does in fact charge via USB, so I guess it is conceivable. I can't honestly say I haven't seen a decent point and shoot that charges via USB either. Haven't looked hard though. Maybe I'll just suck it up, as it is a nifty little camera.

Lee Yuan Sheng
11-10-2009, 03:05 AM
By camera I meant a still camera from one of the reputable brands. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Panasonic, Casio, Ricoh, Fuji, etc.