View Full Version : Cannot get new device synced

terrypin
07-16-2009, 06:07 PM
I've just bought a new WM 6 device, an HTC Touch Pro 2. This is to replace my ancient iPAQ 2210/2215, but I want to keep both running until I am confident I have everything working.

But I can't get the HTC to make a connection. Presumably it's because AS 4.5 still thinks it should be syncing with my 2210. I thought I would get prompted by a wizard to setup the new connection, but that hasn't happened. In a nutshell, I'm lost! Can anyone help me out please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reid Kistler
07-18-2009, 03:05 AM
.....Can anyone help me out please?

Hopefully you have resolved your sync problem on your own, but if not it might be helpful to Someone to know what desktop OS you are using.

As you mention ActiveSync, would presume that it is Win XP or Earlier - ??

Have you tried Deleting the Partnership with your older device?

...I want to keep both running until I am confident I have everything working.

Yes, something of a bother. When decided to move to Axim to Fuze (Touch Pro), also wished to maintain both devices for a spell: ended up leaving the Axim syncing with XP, while the Fuze Syncs with Vista (dual-boot on desktop).

You could presumably achieve the same arrangement by downloading the (FREE) Win 7 RC and setting that up to dual boot with your current desktop OS. Wife is doing that now & Win 7 seems to run wonderfully.

ANOTHER OPTION: with Touch Pro (Fuze...), you can connect the device as if it were an External Drive: doesn't permit a true SYNC, but you CAN move files between it & the desktop system: handy to getting CAB files over, as well as Backup Data files (which could then by Restored by the appropriate app on the handheld device).

Of course, using a SD card - assuming your desktop has a reader - allows you to move files without actually connecting the handheld to the desktop.

This can also be done using a WiFi connection.

Good Luck!