View Full Version : AT&T Fuze - and ALL WinMo Devices gone

Reid Kistler
06-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Dropped in to visit my favorite AT&T Wireless Rep this afternoon & noticed that the Fuze was no longer on display - - - took a minute to realize that there were actually NO Windows Mobile devices on display.:(

Apparently AT&T has DROPPED ALL WinMo devices from their Retail Stores (at least in SE MI), due to Poor Sales and the reduced iPhone pricing (in anticipation of the release of new versions of the iPhone).

Apparently I was "already aware" of this decision - or Should Have Been.

At least some WinMo devices are still available on the AT&T Website, but supposedly future sales will be moved to the Business-to-Business channel.

The Blackberry line remains on display as their primary Business Use PDA/Phone combo, but Reps are strongly pushing the advantages of the iPhone over & above all other "smart" devices (excepting where a particular company is "locked" into the Blackberry).

Of course, AT&T is free to change their mind - but if the reason for dropping WinMo units is Low Sales, the simple fact that they do not carry WinMo devices in the retail stores is likely to ensure Continued Low Sales, and thus ensure that they are not reintroduced.....

Don't know what this means for successors to the Fuze, but when asked about the Touch Pro 2, the Rep asked whether I had seen any pricing on it: apparently it is "much higher" than the iPhones. So perhaps it will show up in the B-to-B channel, but seems little chance the Retail Stores will carry it (at least in Financially Distressed SE MI).

Even though my expectation is that the Fuze will serve Just Fine for several more years, still thought this was somewhat disturbing news - but also wonder whether this is really a Company Wide decision, or one that truly reflects the downturn in our regional formerly-automotive-driven economy....