View Full Version : PDA for MS Excel

justthetip
05-26-2009, 04:41 AM
Hello,

I travel in my car with my laptop. I only need the laptop to edit the occasional spreadsheet (MS Excel). Can someone recommend a good yet affordable PDA that can run MS Excel? I do not need a phone, or bluetooth, or texting, or anything like that. Just something that I can use to edit a spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Rob Caldwell

Reid Kistler
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Excel or Excel MOBILE - ??

My Axim has worked fine for SMALL spreadsheets in Excel Mobile (as does the Fuze, but the latter has Phone, Camera, Bluetooth...). One of the newer iPaqs should work even better than the Axim.

However, if had to do Serious Spreadsheet work - while maintaining a Smaller-Than-Notebook footprint - would look long & hard at one of the available Netbooks. Much larger than a "pda" but would put a greater premium on available screen size: find it too hard to maintain focus with all of the scrolling required on pda....

Sven Johannsen
05-27-2009, 10:36 PM
However, if had to do Serious Spreadsheet work - while maintaining a Smaller-Than-Notebook footprint - would look long & hard at one of the available Netbooks. Much larger than a "pda" but would put a greater premium on available screen size: find it too hard to maintain focus with all of the scrolling required on pda....

And, unfortunately, it would be cheaper.

SoftMaker
06-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Any Pocket PC (preferably one with a 640*480 pixel screen) works just fine for spreadsheet when combined with PlanMaker for Pocket PCs, our Excel-compatible spreadsheet.

Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH