View Full Version : Pentax DSLR?

mrozema
05-26-2009, 02:46 AM
DSLR's have been always been out of grasp for me, since my wife hasn't been interested in purchasing one. So, I have been reduced to looking, but not touching. Until now! I've only been seriously looking at DSLR's for only a short time now, but it became apparent that a Pentax model might be right. Why? Well, my wife is the owner of a couple traditional SLR cameras and she has several Pentax lenses already. Why not use them?! And according to Pentax's website all models support all Pentax lenses.

Now, for your opinions... Do any readers here own a Pentax DSLR?
Has anybody owned several brands including Pentax and what do they think of them?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lee Yuan Sheng
05-26-2009, 09:04 AM
The K20 is going for cheap and has very good specs. Its replacement, the K7, is a tiny powerhouse with specs to match almost anything on the market. It looks awesome. If I have Pentax lenses I'd be waiting eagerly for the K7.

mrozema
05-26-2009, 03:37 PM
The K20 is going for cheap...
Where I live, the K20 body is going for $1000. What do you equate to cheap?

Is the K7, the model that was just announced and is coming in July? It looks great, but might be a bit out of my price range.

Lee Yuan Sheng
05-28-2009, 05:13 AM
Cheap for its specs. Sorry, but you didn't quite mention a budget. The K20D is going as low as US$700 at reputable stores like B&H; that's very cheap for a camera that's competing in the space of the Canon 50D and Nikon D300 niche.

Yes, the K7 is the model that was just announced.

If you want something cheap there's the K200D.

mrozema
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I haven't mentioned price because I'm looking more for insight into the differences between the different makes of cameras.

I don't really want a "cheap" camera per se. I need something that will suit the needs of my wife and I for several years. What I would like is quality for a reasonable price.

Is it the K20, or K7 that's in competition with the 50D and D300?

Lee Yuan Sheng
05-28-2009, 07:42 PM
Both the K7 and K20 were designed to compete in the semi-pro niche.