View Full Version : Profiles

mwfielder
05-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Finally jumped on the iPhone bandwagon.... I have used a pdaphone since 2001, first Palm then WinMo. One thing I miss is the profiles you can assign. For most of the ppcphones, this was via an add-on program such as PhoneAlarm or SPB Phone Suite. Is there anything like this for the iPhone?

Darius Wey
05-09-2009, 05:59 AM
Not unless you jailbreak, I'm afraid.

Do you need anything beyond the default and silent profiles, though? The silent switch on the iPhone makes it easy to switch between the two.

Vincent Ferrari
05-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Not unless you jailbreak, I'm afraid.

Do you need anything beyond the default and silent profiles, though? The silent switch on the iPhone makes it easy to switch between the two.

Interestingly enough, that was all I ever used so the "switch" is plenty useful for me.

mwfielder
05-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Coming from WinMo, that was something I was used to. For example, I'm a physician. So off hours, I had my "Rock me Amadeus" ringtone, spacey sounding SMS/Email alert, volume setting, etc... At night I had it set to only ring out loud (in case someone is in labor!), but not to alert for SMS/Email. During daytime (in the office), a professional sounding quiet ring and Email chirp, and a special SMS alert that had a woman's voice saying, "Dr. Fielder, the hospital needs you on line 6"---in case I was in a room too long, my nurse would send me a text.

Anyway, Phone Alarm is a little WinMo program that would do that automatically, based on time or location. I'd love to have that for the iPhone...