View Full Version : New Music Tuesdays delayed on ZM?

williamc
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Every now and again, the Zune Marketplace doesn't update for me on Tuesdays. You know Tuesdays: they're the day all new music is released. Otherwise known to the world as "New Music Tuesdays."

Today was frustrating since I'd been waiting for Silversun Pickups' "Swoon" to go live, but here it is, noon on Tuesday, and there's still no refresh to the marketplace storefront.

This isn't the first time this has occurred, and I've commented at Zune Insider before on the delays to both their audio and video content. It seems pretty clear that creating a competitive MP3 & video store is hard enough, even with reliable release times, but for now I'm just curious if anyone else has noticed this and if it frustrates them as well.

I ended up grabbing Swoon from AmazonMP3 for $4 on sale, though I'd rather have given the sale to Zune. What's a music fan supposed to do, though, when Amazon and Apple both have their new albums front and center every Tuesday morning like clockwork?

David Tucker
04-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Yeah that is annoying. I want to say that I noticed it once but I don't keep up with my releases generally so I often miss them by a week or two anyway. I agree though...they should be keeping up on this much better.